Monday, February 7, 2011

Doing Slightly better

Mon Feb 7 2011 5:44

Went to the gym to burn off a little bit of steam.....which is funny because I have no energy, no will to do anything,I am depressed, sick and just plain worn out.  But i needed to do something to get my mind back into some sort of non-chaotic state. 
Im not really even sure how I ended up at the gym....I just got in my car and drove around. 
Anyway, im still exhausted and worn down....but at least im not a balling mess anymore.  Now im just mostly annoyed......im not even sure what exactly it is that I am annoyed at, but im annoyed.

Maybe talking about my vacation will help me get back into a better mood.
Anyway, we got to see all the probowl players all around town.   I did have quite of a mood swing at one point.  On the Saturday before the probowl, they close down one of the main streets in Waikiki for a Probowl block party.  My friends and I had gotten to it, walked a quick walk through and then.....nothing....seriously.  We stood around in a little circle asking eachother what they wanted to do....im not kidding.  After about 5 minutes I got so frickin annoyed I told them to have fun I was going back to the hotel.  And thats what I did, like an oversized 5 year old , i walked off in a huff, all the way down the main drag, then down to the beach and walked the beach back to the hotel.  Something that should have been so much fun was completely ruined because my mood can snap in 2 seconds.  Apparently they need me around to have fun because about a half hour later they showed up back at the hotel.
Which really pisses me off.  I enjoy going on vacation with friends and family, but if I want to go do something by myself, its almost impossible because somehow I seem to be the center of their universe when it comes to what to do.  If i dont want to do something they dont, or if I do want to do something they are all over it.  If we decide we are going to do something and last minute I change my mind, but tell them to just go ahead....they stay.....Its pretty f-ing annoying......I know im hilarious to be around and all but come on!

Sunday was the probowl and it was the perfect day for it.  It was pouring rain for about  2 hours before the game, so I wouldnt have been able to lay on the beach anyway.  The rain stopped right before the game and we all had a blast.....surprisingly to me, the stadium looked to be almost completely sold out.....a huge change from 2 and 3 years prior when I had gone.  Cell phones didnt work all that well in the stadium either, but all that did was save me and my friends an overload of pictures trying to make them jealous i was in Hawaii.

Monday was a good day.  Early in the morning Scott Caan was filming for Hawaii 5-0 by the Lagoon at our Hotel.  Got to take a few pictures then went off to relax on the beach.  Later that night we were driving back into the hotel and we saw Scott on his cell phone, seemed like he was arguing with someone.....all I could do was laugh, because if you watch the show.....the arm moves were uncanny......he doesnt act when he uses those arm movements...i think its just some sort of natural spasm he has when he interacts with people.  He is  a very visual actor and im pretty sure that just translates from how he is in real life.

Tuesday we got to see both Scott and Alex filming at our hotel.  Its so strange to see because they just keep doing the same scene, over and over again...with hundreds of spectators on the sideline watching them. It was like they were an exhibit at the zoo.  It was really amazing to see how the actors interacted with the crew, and the extras.  I was pleasantly surprised to see Alex O'Loughlin on set.  He was always smiling and making jokes. He was talking to everyone on set and just seemed incredibly laid back and playful.  Its very refreshing to see something like that. Scott had his moments where he would jokingly harass a few people that were in the scene.....he even bowed for cheers from the crowd when the only portion of the scene he was filming was him walking next to a pool talking on a cell phone.
Later that night we got to see them filming the rest of the scene with Dane Cook who is playing Scotts brother on the show.  At first I didnt recognize him, he lost a little weight and his face was a lot thinner.  I dont think I was able to get a picture of him though.  He was surprisingly quiet on the set.  Just there working and quietly joking around with the cast.
Unfortunately Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim werent filming that day so I didnt get to see them. I would have loved to see Grace though....love her.   The episode was episode 17 I believe slated to air maybe mid march  - title Loa Aloha.....I think....dont quote me on that one.

But anyway....that was a great distraction to have while on vacation. I had never seen filming up close like that.

well its 6:07 and im feeling a bit better after reflecting on my vacation, but im still a bit depressed so im off to bed.
Goodnight-  Hope all is well

No comments: