Saturday, December 11, 2010

my trip so far

So I made it to New Orleans yesterday... But it was quite the day. We left an hour late from my hometown because it was 12 degrees and nothing was working properly. Due to the delay, as I was landing in detroit my connection was departing for NOLA. I was told I would have to wait 6 hours for the next flight. I travel a lot....luckly I was able to speak with someone the agreed to fly me into Charlotte and let me switch airlines to connect to new orleans. Originally I was to get in at 1030 AM, I managed to get myself here by 230....which was the time my flight from detroit would have left. Unfortunatley my bag didn't make the full trip and didn't arrive in NOLA til after 10 PM.... Upsetting, but I had enough in my carry on that it didn't make much of a difference.

Amazingly non of what happened sent me into a panic attack. I was annoyed, but it really didn't affect me much. I have been having a great time, no anxiety. I'm thinking I may start to panic Sunday night in expectation of my meeting Monday.... But I'm hoping I will be able to just relax and not let it get to me, as I know, nothing is in my control.

Anyway. Heading back out.
Thank you to everyone on twitter. Your recent tweets in support have meant more to me than I can possibly convey.

Goodnight everyone

1 comment:

Riley said...

Hope your New Orleans trip is going well and I hope you caught that game last night. Just wanted to post this article I found today, just to show you that karma is a bitch and the man who raped you, will get his sooner or later:

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Man-arrested-in-Miami-for-1999-New-Orleans-rape-111630164.html

Good luck with all of the news you should be getting this week and I hope you can finally find some closure.

=)