Wednesday, December 15, 2010

One Simple Question

Wed 12/15/10 6:46 PM

While I was balling my eyes out in front of these 3 women at headquarters while they made me re-hash everything again and again.....they finally asked me if I had any questions.

My first thought was, seriously?  Are you asking me if I have questions.  My next thought was, thank god maybe I can get some answers.

My choice of first question was easy.  I already knew they would avoid telling me my rapists name.  And the next thought that popped into my head was, well....I do have another question....a really simple question.
A question that everyone that reads this has probably had within the first minute of reading this blog....are you ready for my incredibly (and apparently more difficult than I had thought) question??

My question, that I have been dying to know, and was so sure that the answer would have come up in investigation....at least at some point was:
       WHY WAS THIS PERSON IN MY BED????
             Now, I am not stupid, I am aware that I was not in my residence.  But the Night before this fool came to town, I had layed in my friends bed.  In case that isnt clear (because the DA doesnt see the clarity) here is the scoop-  Late Thursday night/ Early Friday morning after hanging out at my friends house for hours I got tired and my friend and I layed down.....and of course, boys being boys his friends were joking around about him and I having sex, so we started to egg them on.  We kissed and cuddled that night, but absolutely nothing else happened and all clothing remained on and in place.    The point of this clarification was that, we were laying IN MY FRIENDS BED THE NIGHT BEFORE I WAS RAPED.
So, this now being clear I hope, my what I thought to be simple question was- What was this individual doing in that specific bed?????


would you like to hear the answer from the DA-   "I am not sure if that question was asked"

Just sit on that one for a moment.  Now I am not the smartest woman in the world, but WTF?   To me that is one of the most obvious and necessary questions in a case like this.

To make matters worse.......my rapist's bed was in the room next door!  explain to me why he was in my friends bed??  If my friend were in it, would he have raped him too?????  I would seriously question your friendship with this man friend.....your ass might get a little sore if you turn your back.

So to summarize, Not only was my rapist in the wrong bed, in the wrong room, ....his underwear was also found in that same bed.       WHY DID NO ONE THINK TO ASK WHY????

Would you like me to put your case together for you??  It seems to me, I am the only one putting any effort what so ever into this.


And thats the other thing......I almost pissed my pants in laughter yet vomited at the same time when these women with the DA's office sat that and commended the NOPD for there efforts in this case, telling me they really pushed to get everything taken care of quickly..............
SERIOUSLY?????     would this case have moved so quickly if I hadnt walked through the streets of New Orleans announcing I was raped and that NOPD wasnt doing anything about it?   Commend the NOPD my ass.    Lets put together a little study......This study consists of 2 people in a similar situation.......

Situation one- a woman is raped, treated horrendously, goes to the media and gets her rape kit rushed so the results take less time to come back.
Situation two- a woman is raped on the same morning, is strong enough to report it and goes to the hospital for a rape kit to be performed.....she did not go public

Who wants to take a guess as to where Situation two's rape kit is.  Did this person get everything expedited like I did, or was mine rushed because I spoke out against major injustice.


Dont tell me the NOPD should be commended.  This situation should have been dealt with years ago.

Another thing the DA was so thoughtful to ask-  What am I looking to get out of this case?
What kind of question is this.  I got a rape kit, filed a report........to most people this would mean I would like this individual to be charged with rape........which I do, but when the DA presents your case to you, and then you present even more evidence that needs to be looked into and they turn it down, hopes of a full rape charge become nil.
Anyway....I told the DA I would be happy on getting him on whatever charge I could get him on........Truth- I dont want to wait 10 years to get things to trial.  10 years of waiting and trying to kill myself just doesnt seem to work for me.


I will be posting a summary when  i am feeling better-  this summary will include everything a rape victim can expect to go through.......I figure a summary is way better than 100+ pages that have mostly turned into ramblings of anger.

No comments: