Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tues 12/7/10

There might just be something to this not going into work until after 10 AM.
Im not sleeping well.  Im back to waking up a few times an hour.  Im in bed by 8, just cant get a solid sleep. At least by laying in bed until I can convince myself to get up seems to be alittle more calming to me....its also been helping me dodge the snowy drive to work while its still dark out.
I have that headache....ya know, the nagging headache that never goes away because you are so tired....so tired that you cant even fall asleep to sleep the headache away.

Im still inexplicably sad.  Im not as panicky and on edge though.  Im just getting through the day. My thoughts are slow and dragging. Im forgetting things left and right.  I get bored with what I am doing and stop paying attention......not the best thing with my profession.
I should be in a panic with all the work I need to finish before Thursday...but I just dont care.

Riley commented asking if I was from New Orleans originally.  Ive actually lived in NY all of my life, but Ive been going to New Orleans 2 or 3 times a year for years now.  I travel as often as I can. Its just something about the atmosphere in that city that gets me.  I love the architecture, the food is amazing, the garden district is absolutely beautiful, not to mention the music....Im a huge zydeco fan and Tab Benoit is phenomenal too. There is always something to do in the city, and you can walk to so many places.  I love the people.  Everyone has always been so friendly and relaxed.  I have made some amazing friends that I still meet up with every time I get back there.  I always felt safe.  I always read in the news about the violence, shootings, stabbings, etc but I never felt unsafe in that city.  I honestly still feel safe there....just because one "man", who was a tourist, decided it would be fun to rape and take advantage of me, doesnt mean Ive changed my mind about a city I love.

Anyway, off to meetings that Im sure wont hold my interest- 

No comments: