Tuesday, December 21, 2010

New Years, New Job?

12/21/10 Tuesday 12:26 PM

Generally for New Years I do nothing. Maybe stop by a party for an hour and head home.

This year feels different.  This year I feel like I need to get away, crazy seeing how I just got back from a vacation of sorts.  Friends from the city are heading to Lake Placid and want me to go.... I would love to, but im not a fan of standing around in the snow all day.  I dont know how to ski and have no desire to try.  Its a little long of a drive so Im not sure.  A friend in Boston is asking me to come up, but thats also a pretty decent drive.  Albany is also a choice, pretty close....but if it snows there goes my trip because Im not driving 2 hours in it.

Considering a flight to LA.  I could use some sun and I miss my friends out there.

Its kind of a nice feeling that I dont have to wait around for answers (that technically werent even answers).  The ball is in my court with the civil case now......  The only thing I am waiting on is if the Assistant DA will put the effort forward to charge Kevin now.  As I have said before.  If the Assistant DA wants to take the law as stated, word for word, this is a slam dunk case against him.  But once again, it requires effort so I dont expect much.

Work is good, I am calm, I am looking forward to another mini-vacation next week....and actually a mini stay-cation this weekend as our company gave us Friday off and I have been working so much Im thinking of taking most of Thursday too.
My family is all coming to town, and I actually dont care....well I do care, Im actually looking forward to having everyone in my house on Christmas Eve.  Had Christmas been last month I probably would have been pissed at the thought of having everyone in my house with no where to go.

Im also looking for jobs out of New York.   Im back to loving what I do again, but I can love what I do in another state.  I was planning on moving to New Orleans and living with a friend of mine down there, but unfortunately he may be transferred to San Diego.  So now I am looking in New Orleans, San Diego and yes, Phoenix.  Some may think thats a dumb idea.....but I think it might be pretty empowering.  If I ever run into any of these men, I am pretty sure it would throw them for quite the loop. 

No comments: