Wednesday, October 13, 2010

1:20 Wed 10/13/10

called and left messages earlier for Detective #3 and the crime counselor.
Both have returned my call
Detective #3 at least sounded a little more empathetic this time-  asked how I was doing, told me they call and check on my kit every 3 days-  assures me its not sitting on a shelf- 
Detective #3 also asked if I had any other questions....at least they seem more considerate now too.
Crime counselor also called back although I already knew the answer from the Detective-
I did ask about my rights as a victim though-  to me, as a victim I should be able to know every aspect of the investigation that has gone on until this point-
I should be informed of what my rapist and his buddies claimed happened, I should be informed of any evidence the police department has documented.  I need to know this information but I get told nothing. 
The crime counselor says this is more a question for the police department, I thought it was more a question of legality-  from a legal standpoint, do I have grounds to be fully informed or do I have to wait until the kit is back and charges are formally brought against my rapist

Having no answers, then calling people trying to get them and being told there are none just gives me that pit in my chest-  i just want to give up and stop putting myself through this daily up and down. The constant checking of my phone .....not being able to even go to the bathroom without bringing my phone with me in case some new information does magically come to light and someone actually calls me.
This whole process needs to change

No comments: