Wednesday, October 13, 2010

$25 can get me some useless information

So for a victim to get information regarding the crime committed against them they have to pay $25 for a police report that is supposed to be "public information" - for the first 10 pages...after that its $1 each additional page.  I get raped....and now I have to pay to get information?!?!?!?! Are you serious???
I reported a crime....why am I not allowed to be involved in any of the investigation.....sure i would pay the stupid $25 bucks for "public information" but thats not going to give me the detail I want-  \
for all i know this "public information" that is available states that a MISCELLANEOUS INCIDENT was reported...or in NOPD code a "21" complaint was made......thats right......  I heard my complaint referred to as a "21"  aka a crime reported but no one believes you and is not to be taken very seriously

How about calling it like it is......how about a code "43"-    i didnt call the police department and tell them I would like to file a MISCELLANEOUS COMPLAINT-   my call to 911 was to report RAPE

Yes i researched this. Yes i was appalled when I realized what a 21 was and yes I am pissed off. 
Didnt really think I had much feeling left in me.....apparently anger is there, and apparently anger fuels me and pushes me to keep going......thank you NOPD for giving me even more of a reason to fight

No comments: