Friday, October 1, 2010

The Day After

I stayed in bed until about 10 AM.  I wake up sore as hell.There is a decent size bruise on my thigh now, I didnt remember it being there for the first exam. Its game day, what I came here for, Saints vs. Falcons. My mother still has no idea. I get in the shower then we leave for the game. Wanted enough time to wander around, check out Champions Square. Im exhausted, I can't drink alcohol due to the dosage of antibiotics....so much for some beers at the game like I planned. I tell my mother I dont feel like drinking, she doesn't question it.  It was sooo hot that day. I remember hearing the woman at the frozen slushy drinks telling customers the drinks aren't all that frozen. My ankle was killing me. We walked from the hotel to the dome, then all around the square.  I stopped at medical and asked for something to wrap my ankle with. Mom sees the bruise on my ankle, I told her it was just swelling because i'm lazy and don't get much exercise. Mom is hungry so she gets some food and a beer in the square, I cant eat I settled for soda.  Gametime.
Our seats were amazing! Every seat in the dome seemed that way. The atmosphere is like nothing I had ever seen. Everyone wass just happy to be there, cheering on their team. No negative shouting, no jerks sitting behind you spilling there beer.....definately a difference from NY. The dome is its own world, its amazing.
I grabbed my soda bottle and notice bruising on my knuckles. That wasn't there during my exam, just like the bruise I found on my thigh that morning. I contact the SANE nurse.  The nurse tells me to come back to the hospital to document as it is normal for bruising to show up after the fact. Im at the game, I came here for this....that "man" isnt taking any more from me. I tell the SANE nurse Im at the game and the nurse said to stay, enjoy and meet back at the hospital at 5.  Thats a great plan. Game goes into overtime.....Hartley missed the kick....im not surprised he misses them all the time. Game ended with a disappointing loss, but still, no negativity in the crowd. Amazing, refreshing.  I had just enough time to walk my mom back to the hotel , run to the pharmacy to fill my rx's and walk to the hospital.  I made up a story that my local friend is in the hospital with possible appendicitis and I was going to visit.
I got to the pharmacy counter and I started shaking as I handed my insurance card and scripts to the pharmacist. I was  sure she'd seen this combination before. She knew what happened to me. I waited impatiently, got the meds and got to the ER waiting room again.  This time the room is full. The SANE nurse got me in, registered and back in the room right away. Time for more pictures. This time the nurse got pictures of my knuckles, thigh, feet and the new matching set of thumb prints on each of my arms just above the elbows.  The nurse also retook the pictures of the bruises from before....just in case. I mentioned I hadn't heard from the police. The SANE nurse was finally able to get ahold of a Detective....yes, a third Detective....not rude Detective #1 or Detective Snazzy pants..but a new one.  He told me he had not been able to get any information on my case, and well it is the weekend and information is harder to get on the weekend. He told me he would call me first thing Monday when he could get the information.   WTF????   Criminals.....are you paying attention....commit a crime on the weekend! Your chances of getting away with it are significantly higher.
I thanked the SANE nurse for being so accomodating for me and helping me document everything before I had to leave for NY and walked back to the hotel.  Mom texted she was hungry. Perfect timing, I was just getting back to the hotel...Off to dinner. I had to force myself to eat...I hadn't eaten a thing all day, I know she knew that.
We ate, we went back to the hotel. I told her the food wasn't settling right and was causing stomach pains from my Crohn's disease.  In bed by 9:30, on my vaction in New Orleans.

No comments: