Sunday, October 10, 2010

Another Name

its 10:33 AM sunday 10/10/10-  just woke up and im not sure why or how  but I now remember another one of the guys names....its only a first name, but it is something-  So now I know 3 of 6 full identities and 2 of 6 first names......the bachelor got lucky...... i never really spoke with him....he was a pretty weird guy to tell you the truth.
Anyway back to this guy I remembered-  I feel sorry for his wife.  He will be referred to as Cheater from now on.  All of the Thursday night we met, Cheater would ask me why I wasnt interested in him and when I responded each time that I liked his friend.....he would actually go over and start hitting on my mother.....What a tool.   My mother and I had asked back at dinner if any of them were married....we got a unanimous no.  About 5 hours later I am sitting at a bar next to Cheater and he is once again asking me why I dont like him......as he is asking I noticed the ring on his finger-  Are you married??? He says yes, and then it comes out that he also has a child.........I looked right at him and said "what would your wife think of you acting like this" got up and went over where my mom and 2 of the other men were.
im not sure why this is important....but it was a memory I had forgotten or just pushed to the back of my mind because I wasnt sure if it was relevant
So i have found 3 of the original 6, and have partials on 2 more.......all i have is time on my hands while i wait for the DNA results to come back

Which brings up a point that Im sure most people are unaware of.  In the US there is a massive backlog of rape kits.  Kits sitting on the shelf, never having been tested.   Some are so old, that the DNAevidence collected is now useless because the statute of limitations has already expired.  How is this possible. How is something as serious as rape sitting on a shelf somewhere in a basement with no one paying the least attention to it.   This reason alone is why I will now be calling the NOPD every day.....enough trying to prove that they dont keep victims informed and dont call when they say they will.   I will not let my rape kit sit on a shelf until that statute of limitations is up and lets this shithead go free. 

This is a huge issue in our country, and while there have been efforts to improve, there are still thousands of backlogged Rape Kits.  If you are reading this and you are a victim of rape waiting on DNA......call the police department daily, make sure you are being paid attention to.  Dont let yourself get pushed into the cracks and swept under the rug.  It sucks that victims have to put forth so much effort to be taken seriously, but in a flawed system this is what we must do if we want justice.

No comments: