Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Giving Back

Luckily I had a seminar this afternoon.....i was able to calm myself and focus on learning some pretty interesting stuff.  I am calm, still a little edgy but nothing like before

I'd like to ask anyone that reads this to do a favor......  Go through all your old t-shirts and sweat pants that are just sitting around....the ones you've been holding onto for years swearing you will one day wear again.
Donate them.
Take them to an emergency department- tell them you would like to donate for the victims of rape and domestic violence.

One thing that sticks with me most about this whole ordeal is that the thought never crossed my mind that I would have to leave my clothing behind at the hospital.  Its just not something you think about.
But women or men that are victimized and report the crime, most often have to leave their clothing behind as evidence....which leads to the next thought that most hospitals probably have almost nothing to give victims to wear on their way home.  There is no funding that I am aware of that provides clothing for these victims....hospitals are most likely given these clothes few and far between from random donations.
Please help give comfort to those whom are more than likely in desperate need of compassion in what is most likely the worst moment in their lives, dont make them ride home in a hospital gown.

No comments: